Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fresh Start

Our home was built in 1981.

It's a roomy ranch, with a half basement (unfinished).  Three bedrooms, two baths, a dining room, kitchen, and two family rooms.  Attached 2-car garage (also unfinished).

A lot of our home is original stuff - original to the primary build, which was builder grade.  Some things have been replaced or repaired.  Some repairs have stuck, others not so much.

Unfortunately, now it's 2012, and a LOT of our home is showing wear.  We (my husband and I) do not make enough money with our expenses to pay to have someone do repairs for us, so it's up to us.

By "us" I mean "me" - my husband is completely useless as a handyman.  He has no desire to change that.

Lucky for both of us, he married a handywoman with a "can do" attitude.  I'll try almost anything, and I'm not afraid of power tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment